Privacy & Policy
1. You understand and agree that STAR BANGLES and the Website merely provides hosting services to its Registered Users and persons browsing / visiting the Website. All items advertised / listed and the contents therein are advertised and listed by Registered Users and are third party user generated contents.
starbangles.com neither originates nor initiates the transmission nor selects the sender and receiver of the transmission nor selects nor modifies the information contained in the transmission. starbangles.com has no control over the third party user generated contents and does not provide any guarantee with respect to any such content STAR BANGLES shall not be held liable for any loss suffered by you based on your reliance on or use of such data/content.
2. You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of the Website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
- 2.1. “Your Information” is defined as any information you provide to us or other users of the Website (“Users”) in the registration (as Registered User or as Guest User), buying or listing process, in the feedback area or through any e-mail feature. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we act only as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information.
- 2.2. Your Information (or any items listed):
2.3. In terms of Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 you agree and undertake that you shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information or share/list(s) any information or item that:
- (a). belongs to another person and to which You do not have any right;
- (b). is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to “indecent representation of women” within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
- (c). harm minors in any way;
(d). infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party’s trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- (e). involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- (f). violates any law for the time being in force;
- (g). deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- (h). impersonate another person;
(i). contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- (j). threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- (k). shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
(l). shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
- (m)shall not link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of items, goods or services that are prohibited under the User Agreement or any other applicable law for the time being in force including but not limited to the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940, the Drugs And Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954, the Indian Penal Code, 1860, Information Technology Act 2000 as amended time to time and rules there under;
(n). are identical to other items you have up for auction but are priced lower than your item’s price, the reserve price of the item or minimum bid amount; are concurrently listed for sale on a web site other than the Website;
- 2.5. You represent and confirm that you shall be the sole and exclusive legal owner of all items, goods or products of any description that you wish to offer for sale on the Website. You shall have absolute right, title and authority to deal in and offer for sale such items, goods or products.
- 2.6. In the event that any transaction or attempted transaction relating to any item, good or service which is in violation of this User Agreement or applicable law comes to your knowledge, you shall take all steps to inform starbangles.com of the same at info[@]starbangles.com.
- 2.7. You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made there under as applicable and as amended from time to time and also all applicable Domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable Exchange Control Laws or Regulations in Force) and International Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations (including, but not limited to GST/iGST/Sales Tax/ VAT, Income Tax, Octroi, Service Tax, Central Excise, Custom Duty, Local Levies) regarding your use of our service and your bidding on, listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force. In particular you shall ensure that if any of your items listed on the Website qualifies as an “Antiquity” or “Art treasure” as defined in the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972 (“Artwork”), you shall indicate that such Artwork is “non-exportable” and sold subject to the provisions of said the Act, and shall ensure that it is not delivered to buyer (as defined under the Buying section) at any place outside India.
2.8. You shall not, either alone or in conjunction with other Users, manipulate or attempt to manipulate the prices of any item or services being sold or purchased on the Website.
- 2.9. From time to time, you shall be responsible for providing information relating to the items or services proposed to be sold by you. In this connection, you undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such items or services so as to mislead other Users in any manner. It is possible that other user (including unauthorized users or “hackers”) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Website and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the Website, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure you. We does not approve of such unauthorized uses, but by using the Website You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website. Please carefully select the type of information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website.
- 2.10. You shall not attempt to or circumvent or manipulate our Fee structure, the billing process or Fees owed to starbangles.com as detailed and agreed in MOU signed by merchants/sellers/partner.